Tuesday, August 21, 2007

australian wildlife

When I visited my aunt Lorraine, she took me to a wildlife park. It was good to visit family. And I got a pretty good tour of aussi animals.

A small kangaroo. This one is about knee-height. Small and cute.

Here I am feeding it. They were very soft.

The Koala`s were also cute. My aunt asked me if I wanted to take a picture with them, but they smelled really bad. Kinda like a dirty men`s bathroom with a hint of eucalyptus. Later a guide told me that they smell because they are a "perfect creature". Of course I asked him to explain and he told me that they are so specialized that they don`t even have to drink water. They get absolutely everything from the eucalyptus they eat — even all the water they need. So when they pee, it`s concentrated eucalyptus juice.

Then there are the crocs! There were so many of them all lying in the sun. We counted about 12 of them.

Then of course there are the cousins. Cute little things. Here they baked some ginger cookies for me. It was wonderful because it reminded me of my grandmother. When I was young, I grew up on those cookies. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm! yummy!

This is a picture of me and Keagan and Celine. Nice kids.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

those are some beautiful children! kawaii!

sounds and looks like a great trip. i can't wait to go there one day and hopefully swim with some dolphins...

i want to hear more!! get your skype on!!

Tomo said...

Keagan and Celine are so cute!!that was such a wonderful encounter.

sQ*eeky said...

Yeah, very cute kids. It feels like such a long time since I spent any time with kids.

I forget how wonderful kids can be.

Benjamin Tiesma said...

you didnt have one glint of homicidal graeme in your eye of any of those pics.

refreshing!

sQ*eeky said...

Ahh, thanks buddy! That`s the nicest thing anyone`s ever said to me.

Aside from "You shoot like Wyatt Earp!" that is...

Captain Gavman said...

Lol.

That looks like fun. To tell you the truth I don't really remember the ginger cookies.

Did you speak Afrikaans to the kids?

sQ*eeky said...

yeah we spoke both english and afrikaans. They still speak afrikaans with their parents.

So when they talk to me they use afrikaans until they get to a difficult word, then they change to english until they can't express themselves properly, then they change back to afrikaans.

I did the same.