Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Thank you, Suntory-san!

The summers here are hotter than most other places I've been. And basically you have to shower about 3 times a day to stay clean. I'm kinda against sleeping with the air-conditioner on, so I have been waking up sweaty everyday. A friend gave me a portable tatami, which I've been sleeping on. It seriously helped me stay cooler and has been saving me from washing my sweaty sheets so often.

But anyway, the real reason for this blog entry is that in the midst of this heat I've found the most perfect drink! It's called Aquarius and it's the most divine form of liquid. It's like a slightly flavoured water (imagine rose water!) and when you drink it you can feel it refreshing you. Last week I bought 12 liters of it and I'm down to my last bottle already!

This fabulous beverage is made by none other than Suntory Boss! Now, you're probably saying "Who's Suntory Boss?" .........Right?
Well, I'm amazed that you haven't heard of him, he's been boss of them all since 1992!
He's become one of my best friends...Not just because he makes Aquarius, but also because when I first arrived here I was a sucker for the hot cans of coffee you can get from his vending machines. In addition to tea, coffee and Aquarius, he also makes a variety of soft drinks, whiskey and other (ridiculously cheap) alcohols, and something called Bubble-man, which is basically liquid sugar that's supposed to taste like bubble gum (?). In other words, anything you can drink, Mr. Suntory makes.

Man, I want a T-shirt of this guy sooOOOooooOOOooo bad!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A t-shirt? How about a down jacket instead?

No. 7962 July 31
Suntory Launching New PEPSI Campaign

Suntory is preparing to kick off a nationwide campaign to promote PEPSI and DIET PEPSI. The campaign will be carried out in collaboration with "A BATHING APE," a popular clothing brand inspired by the new Hollywood film "Planet of the Apes." Bathing Ape attire has caught on especially among male teenagers, who are a primary target of PEPSI marketing campaigns in Japan.

Various Bathing Ape products, including parkas and T-shirts, will be given away to the public through an instant-win system starting in early-September. The present campaign concludes in mid-October.

Following the campaign, Suntory will start marketing a limited number of 500ml bottle-cans featuring A BATHING APE's original camouflage design. A 500ml bottle-can will retail for 140 yen.

At the same time, Suntory has also upgraded the taste and packaging of its BOSS SEVEN and BOSS CAFÉ AU LAIT canned coffees. All three products will sell for 115 yen for a 190g can.

The company is also giving away specially designed down jackets featuring the BOSS brand logo to 15,000 lucky winners. The promotional campaign will last from Sept. 4 to Dec. 31.

sQ*eeky said...

where on Earth did you find that article?

....And how can I win?

Anonymous said...

Suntory is the Boss. He makes CC Lemon, which contains the vitamins of 50 lemons in a single can!

Anonymous said...

Graeme-ji,
There's good news and there's bad news. The bad news is that the contest was in 2001; the good news is that this merchandise is somewhere out there on the streets of Japan!

The only tshirt I found was for Suntory Whiskey... "The Boss" himself is hard to track down... which is why, I suppose, HE is the BOSS; what kind of Boss of all Bosses would be easily found on the net? Exactly. Sneaky mynx (since 1992)!

What do you mean, "where did you find it?" How easily you have forgotten that I am a Master with super Chi powers! Gosh. It's all I can do not to burn holes through the computer screen while I type this.

Ms. E