Friday, April 06, 2007

hanami

Well, Spring is finally here! The blossoms are not yet in FULL bloom, but they are out.

I've been snapping pictures whenever I walk past a pink tree, so I thought that I'd better post them now before I totally fill up my hard drive. Hanami, or 'cherry blossom viewing' is a common event around this time and people will have a meal under the blossoms, and drink sake. There are organised tours that take you to prime viewing locations.

These pictures were taken mostly around Kanazawa Castle and Kenrokuen, but also along my walk to and from work.

This tree is white this year. I was surprised because last year it was bright pink. This is the tree I talked about in an earlier post; the 'early bloomer'. On my way to work, in the Samurai District.

Ishikawa-mon, the gate to Kanazawa Castle.

A bridge over the moat around the castle yard.

Sakura and the moat.

1 comment:

she said...

spring my ass. there are snow squalls and winter storm warnings here. right when i have decided to drive across the country. fan-fricken-tastic. um, i miss you. bye.