Wednesday, April 11, 2007

cracking the Japanese market

So this is what celebrities do for pocket money!

You know, why not stop, take a break for a while and have some Japanese guy snap your picture for the ad on a vending machine? I bet these celebs are thinking: "In America I degrade myself if I do commercials, but in Japan no one cares...Plus who's gonna see my Suntory BOSS™ advertisement anyways?" Well, Mr. Tommy Lee, I recognise you and I'm going to expose you for the sell out you really are! Bring Bill Murray back as Mr. Suntory!



These shots of Cameron Diaz was taken from a shop window. When did she slump down to Candice Bergin status. I mean come on! Doing Phone Company ads?

That reminds me I also saw Bruce Willis doing an ad for some car company. He doesn't say anything, he just sits there so you can see his face behind the window of the car. The thing is: because cars drive on the left side here, he's sitting on the wrong side, so it looks like he's just a passenger, not the driver. Weird, eh?

3 comments:

gradually dazzle said...

That's frickin' HILARIOUS Graeme!! HAHAHA I personally think that Santory Boss shouldn't be blackmailing people, I mean that first mugshot, that's not sensitive you know!

Anonymous said...

brad pitt is also in ads for softbank, eh? blondes have more fun... and make more calls?

have you seen the meg ryan billboard for coffee?? the pic looks like from 1989, when harry met sally days!

personally, i think bill made the choice to stop being the suntory spokesperson... after lost in translation... i mean, the whole movie was kinda an epic ad for suntory! after doing impersonations of roger moore and the rat pack, theres no where to go but... home.

the question is: who do i get to be the star for my ads for vending machines that sell *dignity* and *self respect* --in a can? courtney love?

sQ*eeky said...

No, Erin, I haven't seen the Meg Ryan ad. But I'm not surprised that it's from the 80s.

In fact, I think the Bruce Willis one is also about 10 years old. It looks like a deleted scene from Hudson Hawk or something.