Friday, March 09, 2007

surprise surprise!

After the weather the last few days, no one suspected a MASSIVE snowstorm! I mean, two days ago it was almost 20 degrees and sunny, and today trains were cancelled due to a blizzard.

It's amazing, though. I mean, I woke up and the world was white. Of course, I was awake early because of some serious construction going on in the apartment next to me. And I'm talking like rebuilding-after-a-frat-party construction!



Anyways, the construction sounds gave me an excuse to go out into the white world. I visited Kenroku'en, the park. It was the first time I saw it in the snow, and I was truly amazed. Now, I remember when I first came to Kanazawa and I didn't have internet. The first time it snowed I went for a walk to a shrine between my house and the castle. I still had some black and white film in the camera left over from Malaysia, and snapped shots happily left and right. But there was no way, even with colour film, that I could have captured the incredible sight of white snow, black water, and golden fish swimming in slow-motion in their ponds.

Here are the pictures I took at the park:




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What tool makes that sound? A gigantic, evil, stinging insect?? Is a gigantic, evil, stinging insect even qualified to do construction work?
Beautiful snow pictures, though! It's a shame you can't mix and match visual and auditory sensory stimuli (otherwise you could lend some of the pleasurable visual perception to your ears, and lessen the horror.)

sQ*eeky said...

Actually, now that you mention it, that video does seem like some kind of cheesy, dubbed sci-fi.

"Beware!," (mouth starts moving), "The insects are coming through the walls." (mouth still moves...)

"For your honour, set them up the bomb!" (mouth starts moving).

Captain Gavman said...

Hey,

You stole my comment G. LOL. I was gonna say it's like a kung fu movie with the sound not matching the mouth movements. It's nice to see you over there tho.