Wednesday, November 14, 2007

calligraphy and the park

I haven't done any shuji for a long time, but this weekend I had some experienced help, so I tried again. I've been studying kanji pretty much constantly since I decided to take the test, so this was a way to reacquaint myself with it. Last week I hated it...despised it, even. My food started tasting like Kanji...I guess I had an overload. But this weekend writing the characters with a brush felt really good. Really refreshing. I focused on the strokes, the look and not the meaning. It didn`t matter if I forgot the onyomi or the kunyomi, all that mattered was if it looked beautiful. The character in the corner means 'me'.

Although the weather was bad, I took a walk in the park. The leaves didn't change so much...maybe I missed it. Or maybe there are too many evergreens. I'm not sure.

What was beautiful was the pyramid shapes they make to hold up the trees in the heavy snow. It's characteristic of this area. I love the shape!

4 comments:

Tomo said...

That's pretty good! The strokes are beautiful. Especially, that corner's dot is cool.

Don Durito said...

my family came to visit last weekend and i was practicing my chinese script with my aunts and grandmother. there are some really cool symbols!

sQ*eeky said...

Yeah, I like the ones where you can see the picture meaning.

The one I drew, has no picture attached to it, so I remember it purely by the strokes. It`s like remembering it because of the rhythm alone.

I also like the one for elephant. It really looks like one.

Anonymous said...

Hi
Glad to see that you are always in tune with the universe...when you come to visit you must definitley teach us how.
Incidently, we are ooking forward to your visit - is your internet up and working again?
Howz the lionz?
P