Friday, September 07, 2007

two views of the city

This was taken from Utatsuyama, the mountain inside Kanazawa city. It was a hot day, but clear enough to see the sea from the summit. In this picture you can make out the shoreline, but in reality the sun reflecting of the water was blinding. This was taken the same place I took some night views before.

The second view is from my balcony. I few nights ago there was the most intensely red moon. It was haunting. I knew Japan was famous for it`s red sun sets, but this was absolutely out of this world!

6 comments:

Captain Gavman said...

I like the duality you're getting at here.

I remember how much sun those roof tiles can reflect in the day and how bright the nightlife is from you balcony. Man, I wish I could teleport over for a bit. :D

sQ*eeky said...

It`d be great to see you man. So start working on that teleporter!

Benjamin Tiesma said...

I want to teleport too! I really loved the nightlife of kanazawa, all alien, yet so very interactive.

remember when we tried to karaoke with those girls and their boyfriends wanted to beat us up...? We were a smidge inebriated...and gaijin. Loud, attractive, inebriated gaijin.

sQ*eeky said...

It was funny because the one guy started pretending to be Chinese just so that he would also have a gaijin factor. Unfortunately for him, you can`t beat Western barbarian blue eyes.

Anonymous said...

when are you coming back to Japan, benj "blue eyes" tiesma??? osaka is infamous for its nightlife... and octopus balls. how can you go wrong??!!

Benjamin Tiesma said...

nightlife and octopus balls...my two favourite things...

...?

That was a fun night for sure. Send a hi to Remi for me! It was after his apartment warming party afterall. Well I guess it was more like a living persons coffin warming party... Maybe I am being too critical, he actually did have an ok amount of room.