Saturday, May 12, 2007

4 random pictures

Two seconds before I could take this picture the girl on the back of the bike was leisurely eating an ice cream cone. I've seen Japanese people do extraordinary things while riding on bikes. Like, smoking an umbrella, talking on their cigarette, while holding a cell phone...um...you know what I mean.

Biggest siting buddha in Japan. I love the lighting. It was impossible to capture the scale because whenever a person stepped close they would be absorbed by this intense white light.

This is the Genbaku dome, the only building left standing from the Atomic Bomb blast.

A traditional(?) Spirit healer's shop in Kyoto. There are all kinds of crazy ingredients behind the glass — including a glad-wrapped monkey's head, snake skin, and preserved animal penis.

3 comments:

Captain Gavman said...

Man, I really miss Japan. I had such a great time over there.

Captain Gavman said...

Graeme I envy you for being in Japan. That is such a cool place and you're so lucky to be there.

I've been struck with a serious case of wanderlust after this trip. Maybe I will try to go work in Holland for a while, but maybe I will stay here in that land of comfort.

Keep up the good teachings sensei.

sQ*eeky said...

thanks, man.

Actually, to tell you the truth, recently, I've felt my first pangs of homesickness.

It was really nice having you here and for me it was good to have someone to talk to about everything and anything.

However, today all the clouds cleared and I feel motivated to stay for a bit longer. Who knows what the future holds?