Friday, December 01, 2006

Fujitsu

Recently, I have been doing a company lesson at Fujitsu. They have a massive building about an hour away from Kanazawa, on a hill in the middle of rice paddies. It's weird to see this ULTRA-hightech building in the middle of nowhere. (They actually run their own shuttle bus between their sister company and the nearest train station)
I think they manufacture and design computer and electronics here. But in all honesty I'm not sure exactly what my students do. They all wear company-issued Fujitsu jumpsuits. It's kinda cool.

The thing is, in this massive complex, no one wears shoes! Not a single person! Everyone must take off their shoes at the entrance and take a pair of Fujitsu slippers. Sometimes it's funny to see a reflection of myself in the elevator wearing a suit and some slippers....I must admit it's comfortable though.

This is the border of slipper country. Here I am with my slippers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's uber weird. Makes me think of a manga - like Neo Genesis Evangelion where they have a top secret base hidden away in the countryside or something.