Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Gold Leaf

So, after a hiatus, during which I’ve been crazy busy with author events and workshops, I’m back for the last lap on the painting. In fact, I ran our of resin and had to wait until the hardware store could order the industrial quantity that I needed.

In that time I worked on the lungs and heart, adding gold leaf and bits of detail here and there.




The lungs needed a more organic feel, and I also added some golden veins to the heart.


With all the glare it’s hard to really get the gist of it, but there are several layers going on, and some pretty wild reflections. As my good friend Benjamin once said: “Some things are just better in person. Like side-boob.” And yeah, just like side-boob, for this painting you definitely need a good vantage point. The effect does change depending how close you get and from which angle you view it from.




No comments: