Monday, March 24, 2008

my mom's visit

I know it's a bit late, but I actually had very few photos of my mom's vist. She took most of them because my camera was low on batteries the first 2 days and then I didn't see her for a few. So I will post some pictures again once she sends some to me.
We went to the museum the first day and visited the samurai house near my apartment. This is a snapshot of her descending the stairs in the Nomura Samurai house.

We went to an onsen the same day. This is supposed to be the best onsen resort on the main island of Japan.

I went with my good friends Akiko and Kazuyo. Here's a photo of everyone in kimonos. I'm wearing a yukata that the onsen provides.

The dinner was kaiseki ryori, a traditional 14 course meal. Even though my mom was kinda full, she ate absolutely everything. The food was incredible! Mmmmmm delicious!

This is my mom and me in front of some amazing rock formations in Noto Peninsula. There is a photo-montage of this one in my very first post!

We saw a lot of things in a very short time and often there was no time for a camera to come out. My mom had hers always ready. I called it 'the Whirlwind Tour of Japan'! But I was actually extremely touched when my mom said to me on the last day, "I always thought Italy was the best place in the world, but Japan has completely stolen my heart."

2 comments:

Captain Gavman said...

Hey,

I just checked out the photomontage again - looks great.

We miss you a lot Graeme. Sometimes it takes something to remind us how much we miss you, like a visit or a letter.

Anonymous said...

[p]En raison de la nature de diplôme, ce genre de sortie uggs sont confortables, variable, confortable, permettre à l'air à travers, solide, thermostatique et extrêmement polyvalent en ce qui concerne terme à la mode . Basic attrait visuel avec l'option Bailey: Le niveau en ce qui concerne le tronc Bailey touche Ctrl sera le tout comme le "Classic Short" de bottes UGG bon marché . “Nous détenons fait plusieurs très nombreux au sein de paires concernant un ensemble p indépendants au sein de steady sous concurentiel [url=http://www.uggfrclassictall.info]bottes cuir femme pas cher[/url] quant au états . Actuellement fabriqués à partir de peau de mouton mérinos extravagant, ce genre de marchandises du cabinet critiques sont généralement fonctionnelle garder les pieds confortables pendant tous ces jours de neige . Adore ceux-ci ou encore ne supporte pas tous, en ce moment autour des individus du monde sont convaincus par sa convenance diplôme superbe . D

[url=http://kuwasa.net/skyrpg/bbs/posting.php?mode=post&f=6]They are beautiful [/url]
[url=http://dontdatehimgirl.com/community_forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1155508]we are beautiful shop online statement made ugg boots5o[/url]
[url=http://somervillemoose.com/wwwboard/messages/19135.html]we are beautiful store statement made ugg boots5p[/url]