Saturday, December 15, 2007

the messiness of life

So recently I've been working on a book cover for some competition. It's been a while since someone actually gave me an art project, and it actually feels really good to be working on something. But as always having so much pressure to work on something has thrown me into a creative beret-wearing phase. I think when you are actively doing art you look at life with completely different eyes.

The theme is the moon. The thumbnail I drew looks something like this:


Of course it's not done yet. The final is in progress on my desk. And when I look around in my room, I see exactly how crazy messy your environment has to become to work on art. I`m not sure if it's like this for everyone...I mean, I'm sure there are some artists who have a spotless workshop as if they wipe up every spilled drop of paint.

My creativity almost demands that it be messy. Everything I could possibly need within grabbing distance.

1 comment:

Captain Gavman said...

Nice, it reminds me of some of grandpas landscapes - I think its the colors.