Thursday, May 29, 2008

apology

sorry I haven`t written in a while. I'm super busy these days. On top of work, I am translating some lady's dairy for Japanese practice. It's a big test of my Japanese ability, but incredible practice. Mainly, I have learned that translation is not precise, but interpretive. This is especially true when Japanese grammar is completely backwards.

She writes in an old style, which tends to be kind of poetic, and it uses a lot of kanji where normal people would used hiragana. All in all, I enjoy it. Perhaps it's because of the interpretive aspect of it. I think her style suits mine quiet well.

Now, when I say 'dairy' i don't mean her personal day-to-day minutia, but actually, she publishes a diary for her clients. She's a member of some kind of welcoming committee for ambassadors' wives...or something. So it's quiet interesting.

Anyways, I will try to keep writing here too.

3 comments:

Captain Gavman said...

Sounds cool. I think there's a lot of potential in translation work.

-been super busy as well.

Benjamin Tiesma said...

I accept your apology.

sQ*eeky said...

Thanks guys! I will buy you both poutine when I come home!

I promise...